Post Thanks / Like

CVA Apollo .54 Cal. Blackpowder rifle!

I don't think I'll ever shoot this gun again so if anyone wants it, let me know. I have a bunch of supplies to go with it, too. Local pickup in Land O Lakes/Wesley Chapel area. I can ship it to you for about $35 or so but I can't ship the powder.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll have to get with you and pick the stuff up.

Thanks again!
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Post Thanks / Like
    PM sent...

Post Thanks / Like
    CVA VOLUNTARY RECALL NOTICE:
    In August 1997 CVA implemented a Voluntary Recall of In-Line rifle models with serial numbers ending in -95 and -96. If you have a CVA In-Line model with such a serial number, DO NOT USE OR ALLOW ANYONE ELSE TO USE THE GUN. If you have one of these rifles, please call CVA immediately at 770-449-4687 for complete details and a free replacement gun. Example serial numbers: 61-13-XXXXXX-95 or 61-13-XXXXXX-96.
    In May 1999 Blackpowder Products, Inc. purchased the assets of Connecticut Valley Arms, Inc. and now operates under the trade name of Connecticut Valley Arms and/or CVA. Any claims relating to the above described Voluntary Recall should be addressed to Connecticut Valley Arms, Inc., not Blackpowder Products, Inc. Blackpowder Products, Inc. assumes no liability for any products manufactured prior to January 1, 1998.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the note. I have a CVA Optima in 50 cal. My first four digits match but not the last two. Was the Apollo apart of this recall Rick? Good catch swamphunter!
    Gun owners must unite in 2016 to defeat the Democratic agenda. ALL Gun Owners get out the vote!

Post Thanks / Like
    No.

I called them, and the rifle predates the '95-'96 model recalls, plus it's a .54 cal, and the recalls were for .50 cal rifles.

I have it apart, got it functioning, and just received a replacement action cover to replace the original that was broken and rusted in place.

CVA no longer has parts for one that old, but they gave me contact info for a supplier that has parts.

I have a bit more rust removal and polishing to do, and then I'll be re-bluing those areas.

Most of the metal has a very good high polish and bluing, and the walnut stock has some nice figure, and the high gloss finish is in very good shape.

I definitely owe Mr. Sir a good bit of 'smithing services!

I appeciate y'all looking out for me.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer